Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Winter Preservation

Truth be told, our garden did not really perish. Some people really worried about that. All the hard work through the year, swallowed up by a little ice? No. We actually preserved the remnant. While most of the garden did perish -- like radishes, mustard, and okra -- the herbs did well. The basil and parsley are still growing, although the basil is doing somewhat better than the parsley. And the chilli plant is well too. We dug them up and transplanted them indoors into my kitchen, where the sunlight shines through the window in the morning. Its winter, so the sun rises more in the south east and sets in the south west. And my kitchen faces south. The front door does not get direct sunlight at all. I've also moved the "money" plant and the bamboo to the rear. Hopefully they will make it through the winter...as will we.

1 comment:

Han Hui said...

Lovely! I somehow made my way to your gardening blog. I'm envious that you have a balcony for your plants. I'm stuck in one of NY's shoebox size apartments, where the window sill is the prime (or rather, only) gardening space. Keep up the good work!